We are a fast-growing team with data at our core. Our main objective is to move the company to become more data-driven. That means pushing digital transformation projects, sharing a data-driven culture within our company, and building a day-to-day management based on data.
To this team we are now searching for a data analyst.
As a data analyst, you will be part of a high-skilled data team, with data engineers and data scientists working closely with subscription, yield, editorial, and development teams. Your role in the Optimization and Data team will involve mining and organizing data, and utilizing that data to provide meaningful insights towards business decisions.
Thereby, we are looking for solution-oriented candidates. People who would love to freely explore cloud databases which collect and store over 200 GB of data per day. People who not only understand the quantitative aspect of data analysis, but also the main drivers for our business model and their impacts are crucial to our development
In order to succeed and thrive in this role you should have:
- Experience as a data or business analyst
- A degree in economics, business, or a technical field (computer science, engineering, physics, etc.)
- Strong data analysis skills and an inclination for problem-solving.
- Experience with SQL and some programming language for data analysis of large datasets (Python, R, etc.)
- Good knowledge of statistics and the ability to explain it with confidence
- Strong communication skills
- Strategic as well as operational "doer" mindset
- Discovering and identifying insights trough large databases for optimizing our processes.
- Retrieving, gathering and transforming data to find patterns and trends about our readers and subscribers.
- Applying AB Testing techniques to measure marketing actions, campaigns and building user-personalization layers.
- Segmenting and targeting valuable users, building customer journeys, and working on advance analytic projects.
- Being an essential part of building input features for ML pipelines
Aller Media is one of the largest media conglomerates in Norway. The company has a wide range of products, from breaking news with Dagbladet as the front runner, to typical magazine products like Se og Hør and KK. In addition, Aller Media has a strong position with several leading brands in marketing services. Aller Media has been very successful in transforming its business, and many of our brands hold leading positions digitally. We are about 600 employees in Norway and the turnover is approximately 1,8 billion NOK.