Job opening: Data analyst in Aller Media
In this role you will be working closely with the Dagbladet Pluss team and the New Services team to help them achieve their growth targets. As a critical link between our data and the business, you will help to turn vast amounts of transactional data into actionable insights.
You will work closely with our growth-hacker team to create test systems, identify segments to perform tests on, perform complex testing and build prediction models. You will have the freedom, and responsibility, to define and shape your role so as to have the largest impact on the business.
You will have access to the company’s data platform, built on Google Cloud, which collects and stores over 200 GB of data per day. This role is truly cross-functional, as you will work closely with developers, BI analysts, and key stakeholders to better understand and utilize the data we collect.
In order to succeed and thrive in this role you should have:
● Experience as a data or business analyst
● A degree in economics, business, or a technical field (computer science, engineering, physics, etc.)
● Strong data analysis skills and an inclination for problem-solving.
● Experience with SQL and some programming language for data analysis of large datasets (Python, R, etc.)
● Good knowledge of statistics and the ability to explain correlations and linear regressions with confidence
● Strong communication skills
● Strategic as well as operational “doer” mindset
In addition, the following experience would be concidered beneficial:
● Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform, especially Google BigQuery
● Experience with B2C subscriptions and an understanding of churn/retention/loyalty, acquisition, win-back, engagement and lifetime value metrics
● Experience building dashboards in BI tools, such as Power BI
Aller Media is one of the largest media conglomerates in Norway. The company has a wide range of products, from breaking news with Dagbladet as the front runner, to typical magazine products like Se og Hør and KK. In addition, Aller Media has a strong position with several leading brands in marketing services. Aller Media has been very successful in transforming its business, and many of our brands hold leading positions digitally. We are about 600 employees in Norway and the turnover is approximately 1,8 billion NOK.